You are reading this article because you cannot see the sent items in the sent items folder in your Outlook 2010 email client.
Okay, so, you are using Outlook 2010.
You have set it up to use IMAP.
You have set up IMAP so that you can sync between the emails on Outlook and the emails on your mobile devices/server.
However, you are finding that when you send an email from Outlook 2010, the emails are not appearing in your sent items on the server or your mobile devices.
Here is the solution for making the Outlook 2010 store emails on the server and it's buried a little deep inside the guts of the mail settings on the software.
To assign a folder as the Sent Items folder in Outlook 2010;
- Open your IMAP account settings via;
File-> Account Settings-> Account Settings…-> double click on the IMAP account.
- Press the button: More Settings…
- Select the Sent Items tab.
- Enable the option “Save sent items in the following folder on the server”.
- Select the folder where you want to store the Sent Items in.
You can press More Folders… if you do not see all your IMAP folders in the list.
You can press New Folder… if a Sent Items folder does not yet exist on the server.