You are reading this KB article because you wish to transfer a domain name over to JUCRA Digital from another registrar.
This is called an INCOMING DOMAIN TRANSFER
NOTE: the procedure below is for .COM/.NET/.ORG domain names only. CO.UK/.ES or other extensions follow a different procedure and you will need to ask your new registrar for their procedure.
BEFORE YOU START, HERE IS SOME OBSERVATIONS/CAVEATS
1. You MUST have a valid email address in the registrants email field. You must be able to receive email to that address as thats where all the correspondence and authorisation requests go to. If you cannot receive the transfer code then DO NOT initiate a transfer until you have spoken to us.
2. Do not edit the registrants email address. Some registrars will put the domain name on a 60 day lock. Since December 2016, ICANN has changed the rules on domain transfers. In some cases, if you update the contact details for a domain, the domain name may be locked for 60 days preventing you from transferring the domain. Some registrars will provide a "60 days opt out lock" option, but many dont. They will tie you in for another 60 days.
3. You cannot make changes to the domain during transfer. During the transfer period, which can take between 0-7 days, you cannot edit the domain name, it becomes locked in stasis, so if you need to change any nameservers or records, then you should do it BEFORE you request a transfer.
4. Incoming transfers are free, kind of. We will charge you the equivalent of one years domain registration, around €25, BUT, we will also extend the domain name for another year so the labour involved by us to get your domain name over, is free, but your domain name is extended for an additional year, which you will have to pay at some point anyway.
5.You cannot transfer domain names younger than 60 days old. ICANN rules dictate that a domain name which is less than 60 days old cannot be transferred. You will need to wait until the 60 day honeymoon period is passed and then try to transfer the domain name after 60 days age.
READY TO TRANSFER YOUR DOMAIN TO JUCRA?
Please follow these steps to transfer a domain name to start an incoming domain transfer.
1. Unlock the domain name at your current registrar.
2. Make sure your email address is listed as the registrant.
3. Request the EPP/transfer code from the current registrar.
4. When you receive the email with the code, forward the email to email@example.com.
5. We will then prepare the transfer of the domain.
6. During transfer, any authorisation email will be sent to you, forward those to us and we will handle them.
If you have any questions or need any help, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org