This page outlines our policy in regards to email support. By signing up to our email services, you agree with our policy.
Email Client = Microsoft Outlook®, MacMail, Thunderbird or any other software used to connect to your email.
What JUCRA supports
The following areas are covered under the JUCRA email support policy.
- Connectivity to the email service — providing welcome email with connection details to set up your email or to give to a qualified IT professional to configure your email client.
- Email configuration portal - located at https://help.emailsrvr.com to allow you or your IT representative to configure your email for their devices.
- Creation or Deletion of additional mailboxes.
- Updating of password for email accounts.
- Checking to make sure your email domain is properly authenticated with SPF, DMARC and DKIM Signing.
- General advice on how to use the webmail system.
NOTE: On a "best-effort" basis, we do provide a remote support service which is a courtesy to our clients if they have difficulties with their email configuration, however, we will only cover issues related to our servers, so if we find there is a software issue related to the computer or email client, we will refer you to an external IT company.
The remote service is provided here: https://www.jucra.com/remote-support/
What JUCRA DOES NOT support (specifically)
The following areas are specifically not offered and we will refer you to an external IT company if you do not have one.
- Configuration of any firewall software and/or hardware that could affect connectivity to JUCRA's email servers.
- Installation of Email Client software or support of Email Client software.
- Configuration of client antivirus software (Avast, Eset, Norton Antivirus, etc.) that could affect connectivity to JUCRA's servers.
- Issues related to client’s connection to the Internet (i.e. T1, Cable Modem, DSL Modem, Dial-Up accounts, etc.).
- Issues related to other email accounts or personal folders not hosted with JUCRA configured within the client's Email Client software.
- Issues related to the general use of the Email Client software (i.e. training, etc.).
JUCRA is a service provider, not an IT company
|Role of an IT Company||Role of a Service Provider (JUCRA)|
|An IT company will specialise in user hardware such as laptops, desktop computers and mobile phones, printers and such. They will solve connection issues, paper jams, setting up of devices. They will usually do on-site visits and solve IT issues in person.||We provide servers that your devices connect to remotely over the internet. We provide the credentials that your local devices connect to and secure connectivity and online backups. We don't do on-site visits and don't provide specialised on site support that IT company offers.|
A Short Analogy for Perspective
Think of our mail service as being a private toll road.
We can make sure the road does not have potholes, we can make sure the signage and lighting are working, the side of the roads are free of brush, lines are painted, we can put up speed cameras to make sure that others are obeying the law.
You can then drive your car along the toll road.
The car in this analogy is your computer and email client, however, the condition of your car is your responsibility.
If there are issues with your car, you need to contact a mechanic, which would be an IT technician which specialises in email clients and software and/or hardware issues.
So, if you have the computer equivalent of a Ferrari and the ride is not smooth or something is squeaking, we will happily check the road and have a quick glance over the car and if the road is found to be fine, and we determine it is a car issue, then we will tell you to contact a mechanic to check your suspension or the tyre pressure.
If you have an old banger, like a really old email client, and trying to drive along the road, you either need a new car or contact someone who can fix your car to make it smoother.
So it's very important to distinguish who has which responsibility. JUCRA is specifically not an IT company that fixes computers or issues with mail clients, it's just something we do.
You would need to find your own IT either online or local. If you are local to the Costa del SOl we recommended three partners we work with who do provide IT services.