You are reading this article because you are thinking to buy one hosting account and then adding multiple domains onto the account and hosting multiple websites to that one account.
Stacking sites onto one account can be done but can become a bit messy if not managed properly and could be a security risk if one of your sites gets hacked. Below we highlight the pros and cons of stacking multiple websites into one hosting account.
|If the goal of stacking websites is to save money, then by all means do it. However, if you are running a mission critical site then we suggest you DO NOT stack sites.|
PROS OF STACKING SITES
- Saves money on multiple hosting accounts
CONS OF STACKING SITES
- Without proper management, the structure can be messy
- If one site gets hacked, in general, all of them get hacked
- Anyone with root access can access all sites
- If you need to restore one site from a backup, then all sites get overwritten