You are reading this KB article because when you send a message from your iPhone, the sent message does not appear on the server.
Okay, so, you have an iPhone.
You have set it up to use IMAP.
You have set up IMAP so that you can sync between the emails on the iPhone and the emails on your desktop/server.
However, you are finding that when you send an email from your iphone, the emails are not appearing in your sent items on the server, they only seem to appear on the iphone only.
Here is the solution for making the iphone store emails on the server and its buried a little deep inside the guts of the mail settings on the iphone.
How to set up the iPhone so that it stores sent items on the server
On the iPhone (screenshots below):
- Go to Settings > Password & Accounts
- Select the Mail account you want to change
- Click on Account Info
- Scroll down to Advanced
- You will now see a screen that says "Advanced". In this screen is a section called "Mailbox Behaviours"
- Click on the Sent Mailbox button.
- This will now display two sections. "On My Iphone" and "On the server".
- In the section "on the server" should be a list of all your mailboxes.
- scroll down to the Sent Items box on the mail server and select the Sent Items.
- When you send an email from your iphone, a copy will be passed to your mail server.